Thursday, February 7, 2008

What’s on my mind today?


Originally uploaded by Rajdeep Haloi
I hate it, this time - this is ridiculous. There should be no concept of time, no clocks, no calendars, nothing. Not a single moment should pass by. That will be so nice, that’s the way it should be.
Three years and six months ago I came to this place - this college, new place, new people-people I never met before, I didn’t know any of them, no one knew me. Time flew by, and then I started knowing those people around me, getting along with them. Then this time played its tricks - a time came when I couldn’t even imagine my life, my world without them, any of them. I didn’t know when, but they became so important to me. Every single moment, when I had those people with me, were so precious. No, I can’t afford to lose them.
Three more months, then this clock, which I always keep on my table, will again make fun of me. That calendar that is hanging there on the wall, will again remind me that I can’t turn that clock backward. If I could do that! God, I feel so helpless.
Then I think - it is not that bad. This time has given me so many precious memories – our adventurous trip to the movies and we bravely facing the seniors’ wrath, slapping one another just to please them. Banging my head, wondering how I can write twelve pages about cat. C’mon man, I don’t even have a pet! We tried hard to figure out whether it was some petrified rubber formation or what they call a ‘Parantha’. Our still-to-be-patented ‘Cooperate to Dominate’ strategy in a desperate attempt to see some decent figures on our exam-scripts! And those few sips of Vodka after which all those incurable lovers listening to one another’s most touching “worth-a-novel” love stories.
Looking back, I feel I am missing something, I feel I want to go back, live that life once again, even if for just one day. Time changes a lot of things...irreversibly. I feel something empty inside me.
And after all these, I’ll arrive somewhere else - a new place, some new people and some more memories. I’ll pick them up, put them in that corner of my heart that is closest to my soul, because they are so precious. I love my clock...
[I wrote this just few days before I left my engineering college where I spent four most precious years of my life.]

No comments: