Tuesday, November 11, 2008

How far will you run?

News Flash:

“The Assam Tribune, Guwahati, Nov 1 – Even after more than 48 hours have passed since a series of blasts rocked the State on Thursday, Assam Police continues to be clueless about the identity of the organization behind the terror strikes, which claimed 81 lives, besides leaving over 200 injured.”

A post in a community on social networking site ‘Orkut’:

“SILCHAR ---safest place in the assam –to live

Frn I was their in silchar …i found that silchar was most peaceful and safest among the ane of assam,s district….i think silchar is growing economic capital of assam……because most of trading for Mizoram and Tripura is done from silchar….also silchar is producing some local products whish are very famous in these two neighbouring state…….ne way silchar is the best place in assam.to live happily yet there are lack of some basic facilities….. ”

I am posting the above comment unedited and I won’t comment on the English!

BUT God knows what was in his mind while writing that post. It seemed to me like some kind of 'Incredible India' promotional campaign!

I don't have anything against any place. I just want to say something - If you see smoke all around with some 300 odd people lying midst of the street, crying, looking for their loved ones among the pool of blood and all you can say is you would rather stay away from such places, then go ahead - be happy in your own selfish little existence till someday someone will blow up your ass (sorry for the slang)!

It’s not about where you are, not about how far u can stay away from the ambush, not about just worrying for your loved ones. Because someday, the same thing can happen to us that has happened to someone else today. Assam had never seen hatred in such a scale but that's what has happened now. Now it’s about everyone rising and fighting against it.

1 comment:

Menina do Anel de Lua e Estrela said...

Raj, that´s why I admire you so much...