“Happiness is there if we want it to be. It’s wrapped in beauty and hidden away from the seconds of our lives. If we don’t stop for a moment we might miss it.”
– from the movie Cashback.
Sometimes, little things in life can give us so much joy. I believe all of us keep having these small reasons to smile. But many a times we tend to overlook it.
It’s a small incident that happened few days back. I was coming back from office in the evening on my bike. I hadn’t gone much far when I saw this lady who was trying to cross the street with a kid. The rush hour traffic of the evening of a weekday was posing a serious challenge for her. I slowed down my bike and eventually stopped near them and let them cross – I usually do it if I see a kid or a lady or some old guy trying to cross a street. May be she didn’t expect that and gave me smile and crossed the road with the kid.
It was like the sunshine coming through clouds after the rains - the kind of a smile which can make your day; make you forget a bad day at work! Sometimes in life we are so deeply engaged in pursuit of big moments of happiness that we miss out on the small ones.
Let’s stop for a moment, take a breath and look out for these small moments of ’happyness’!
2 comments:
I remember you telling me about this incident. I agree. We tend to overlook these small moments of happiness. We don't even realize how one small moment can lead to a huge positive outcome! :)
A small but very touching incident... Really satisfaction comes not from doing things big... but from identifing these small things ang making them big.
Post a Comment